Wednesday, January 3, 2018

January 3: Are You Ready? #KidsDeserveIt

My apologizes, I've been sick since New Years Eve! I'm feeling better, but still not at 100%. With that said the message below is what I posted on my social media to my students and their families tonight since tomorrow is our final semester together. It's no secret that this year has been the craziest year my school in its history (more to come in the later blog). I try to send positive messages because I do believe in all my students. I honestly do. Below is exactly what I typed:

Ask yourself everyday: Are you ready...

to eat breakfast before school
to have a great night sleep daily
to work on multiplication facts nightly

to work hard
to ATTEND SCHOOL ALL DAY EVERY DAY! 
to give your best effort every day 
to give your best effort in every class
to give your best effort for every teacher
to respect yourself, classmates, custodians, teachers
to make mistakes then learn from them
to raise my FSA score
to get smarter
to be focused
to be prepared
to try my best when I don't feel like it
to spread kindness
for perfect attendance
for more learning
for crazy lessons
for crazy socks
for unpredictability 
for costumes
for awkward accents
for success
for Mr. Potrzeba
for math class

We have ONE MORE SEMESTER. That's it. We have have until April before FSA math arrives before we show the district, the state, and all the other grade levels just how much we've grown in the most diverse year Caldwell has arguably ever had. No matter what has happened this year, tomorrow it's in the past and we will keep moving forward. The work has already started and it's going to get deeper from here on out, but I believe. I really do, everyone. I believe in every single one of you, parents, friends, extended families included. I believe we can make these learning gains...but I just have one requirement...attendance. Give me the opportunity to do my favorite thing in the world! We know that no day in our classroom is ordinary! WE GOT THIS!
I... am... ready! Are you ready?

Let's have the most mind-blowing, head-turning semester,
-Mr. Potrzeba

No comments:

Post a Comment