Tuesday, April 30, 2024

365 Days

How bad do you want to improve YOUR life? That’s what I write on my palm every morning. 

 

 


I want to improve my life. But the question is, how bad am I willing to improve it? How bad do I want to be healthier? How bad do I want to requalify faster for the Boston Marathon? How bad do I want to learn how to cook? How bad do you want to learn how to take medicine to better my health? The answer to the questions will likely shock you: 

NOT. BAD. ENOUGH.

 

It’s the truth. Right now, I don’t want those things bad enough yet. The key word: yet. I’m already improving my life little by little. I do a little workout and stretch daily each weekday. I’ve cut back on my sugar intake. I continue to read daily. I’m proud of those routines and habits I’ve built, plus many other mentioned. I’m seeing the gains already. 

 

But… I can be even better.  That’s the hard truth only I know in my heart. Don’t worry, I’m not the workaholic I used to be. (That in of itself was unhealthy, despite my best intention.) I still have a huge, sweet tooth. I cave into my impulsive buying more lately.  I don’t get enough sleep and it can be very noticeable.

 

Very few people know about my heart condition. It’s still something haven’t seen a doctor for it in awhile. To be honest, I couldn’t tell you when I’ve last seen a doctor for anything non feet related. One of my friends told me recently how concerned they were for me because all it takes is one ache and who knows where I’ll be next. It really set a grave reality. 

The second we are born the seconds tick down until we are called to God. (Sorry for the reminder.) After I just crossed another birthday milestone, I’ve realized I’m not getting any younger and it’s time to get a little more serious. I also know very soon I’m going to make some massive changes (I like to call them upgrades) to my life that I’m very excited for. (Stay tuned!) A few days ago my yearly clock started ticking. Tick…tick… tick…

 

There are 31,536,000 seconds are in one year. I am making my plan right now to make sure in one year I’m in a better place mentally, physically, and spiritually. I like where I’m at now, but not even close to being satisfied. (Heck, I just ran a 1:21:55 half marathon, a time I haven’t ran in 4+ years, and yet I’m determined to knock it down another minute or two.) My body feels better. I’m mentally slightly better more two months ago. But… I’m not satisfied and won’t be until I reach my bigger goals. I can be even better, and I want to be. I remind myself what my end goals are and surround myself with people that will be help me get there. Sooner than later, I’ll be moving with the hope the move also contribute positively my end goal 365 days away. 


Consistent healthy habits are going to change my life these next 365 days and I’m excited for you to join me on this ride. Never Give Up! Let’s go!

No comments:

Post a Comment